Co-extrusion manifold facilitates coating of two discrete layers onto the substrate. Co-extrusion can be used to apply filled or functional layers against the substrate in addition combined with an exposed surface topcoat for desired adhesion or surface characteristics.
We have experience of applying layers from 6 microns up to 350 microns onto substrate widths between 700mm and 1620mm.
We have processed an extensive range of polymers through extrusion coating including:
- Polyolefins (LDPE/HDPE/LLDPE/PP)
- Ethylene acrylate copolymers
- EVA (ethylene – vinyl acetate)
- EAA (ethylene – acrylic acid)
- Maleic anhydride and epoxy functional terpolymers for specialist applications.
- Hot melt adhesives developed for specific applications
- Thermoplastic polyurethanes
We work closely with master-batch manufacturers and process technical additives to give very specific finished film properties including:
- Functional additives
We also offer some non-conventional laminate products and constructions including ‘unsupported’ films that do not utilise a substrate through the coating process. The resulting flexible films are used as non-tacky, heat activated bonding layers for sealing a wide range of substrates.
Within our range of film products we also supply a range of two-side coated substrates for rigid bonding, sealing and gasket type applications.
We also have the capacity to extrusion laminate products using our equipment, lamination is a batch process on our extrusion coater and facilitates strong bonds between two flexible substrates due to the elevated temperatures used.
Milspeed have experience of processing a wide range of substrates and specialist customer supplied films including:
- BOPET (12-200 micron)
- BOPP (20-100 micron)
- PVC (50-200 micron)
- Polycarbonate (50-175 micron)
- Co-polyester (50-175 micron)
- Cellulose acetate (19-50 micron)
- Non wovens
- Metallised films
- Release foils and labelstock
- HRI films
- Aluminium foil